SAP Online Classes provides Best SAP training Online based on current industry standards that helps attendees to secure placements in their dream jobs at MNCs. SOC is one of the most credible ERP SAP Online training provider, offering hands on practical knowledge and full job assistance with basic as well as advanced level ERP SAP Implementation Training. At SOC ERP SAP training Online is conducted by subject specialist corporate professionals with 14+ years of experience in managing real-time ERP SAP projects.
Which profile is better paying “SAP BASIS with HANA” or “SAP BI & HANA Modelling” ?
I run a US-based SAP HANA consulting business
This is a fun question because there are multiple dimension to the answer. I’m going to assume for the purposes of this, that you’re a US-based contractor that I’d be considering hiring.
If you have 4 years experience in HANA Operations, you’re much more valuable selling yourself as an expert in what you do. Selling yourself as an analytics expert when you’re not, won’t fly.
That said, Basis is essentially a dying profession. Why? With the Devops movement, Basis is replaced by automation (in time). On that basis, I definitely recommend that Basis folks widen their horizons. Here’s a couple of suggestions on how:
1) HANA Architect
- All my Basis folks are architects. Why? Because my customers won’t pay high rates for a straight Basis consultant, they can get that from anywhere in the market.
- A great Basis consultant can design, size and architect the technical architecture for complex HANA solutions.
- In addition, they should be able to find ways to streamline operations in line with the Devops movement.
- I’ve long since believed that technical folks need to consider a movement towards the business side. Basis consultants have a good potential to learn BI/Analytics.
- The best place to start is by looking at performance problems in data models. From there you can understand the data models, and then speak to them, and then design and build them. The best thing is that Basis folks have a real fundamental understanding of the building blocks of technology. Much deeper than those that come bottom up.
Which is right?
My view is that it depends what excites you: is it technology (then option 1) or data (option 2).
Feature-packed for business – The platform has many different features that can let you build, manage, and deploy cloud-based enterprise applications. To go with your existing SAP and non-SAP solutions or extend them in the cloud or on premise. Flexible subscription models and other services for database, apps, and infrastructure enable easy access to SAP HANA’s full power.
Expand the value of your existing applications – If you have existing enterprise solutions in the cloud or running on premise, SAP HANA Cloud offers connectivity through the cloud connectivity service. This way, you can streamline the integration of new applications with the assurance of the lowest possible overall cost of ownership.
Hasten time to value – SAP HANA Cloud can let you build and deploy consumer and business applications fast while ensuring new functionality that meets emerging business needs. At the same time, it lets you connect with customers through more engaging experiences.
Increase the productivity of developers – Open programming standards are supported, so developers can easily build enterprise applications to integrate with non-SAP or SAP solutions without learning new code.
Improve ROI, decrease costs – SAP HANA Cloud does not require up-front capital investment in software or hardware for partners and customers, resulting in a more cost-effective service with minimal risk. Once it is applied, SAP will manage platform operations to minimize the cost of deploying and developing cloud applications.