SAP Online Classes provides Best SAP training Online based on current industry standards that helps attendees to secure placements in their dream jobs at MNCs. SOC is one of the most credible ERP SAP Online training provider, offering hands on practical knowledge and full job assistance with basic as well as advanced level ERP SAP Implementation Training. At SOC ERP SAP training Online is conducted by subject specialist corporate professionals with 14+ years of experience in managing real-time ERP SAP projects.
Why is SAP pronounced S.A.P and not ‘sap’?
SAP Basis and HANA technical consultant at itelligence HYD
- I have been working with a company which is a subsidiary to NTT DATA and which is a premium SAP (S-A-P) partner of SAP AG itself, in Hyderabad since last 2.2 years.
- Till this time i came across any situations where in people ask me like, “ ohh!!! So you are working with sap, then I always corrected them saying that it’s not sap, it is S-A-P Which stands for Systems, Applications, Products.
- Clearly you all can see it’s always separated by commas (,) which simply implies that each alphabet in the word should be read all alone without any continuation to the next alphabet.
- You should know that it was invented in Germany back in 1970’s and hence they (Inventors) termed it as S-A-P (don’t know why) but if you read it as sap and if you would translate that word in German language then it would be a “pig”, which obviously no one would want to say or speak! Isn’t that obvious!
- So basically whenever I say anyone that I have been working as a S-A-P technical (BASIS) consultant, I always make sure that they should read/pronounce as S-A-P only rather than sap.
- So this is the reason why this should be read as S-A-P…
SAP Services (Shivansh Solutions) Intern, 2016
- I did my internship with a SAP Consultancy. I, like most of the people, used to pronounce it as an acronym SAP not S-A-P. The first day of my internship, my mentor corrected me multiple times and told me the reason behind this pronunciation.
- SAP, a German corporation, stands for Systems, Applications andProducts (Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in German Language). Calling it SAP as acronym and not S-A-P causes a huge misunderstanding because SAP is a German Slang meaning Pigs. So, during international conference calls with clients in Germany, special care was taken that nobody calls it SAP because that would just offend the Germans.
- Corrected many people till date and finally saw it on Quora so couldn’t resist answering it. Maybe in some parallel universe, people call Pigs S-A-P and they get offended every time that happens!
works at Students
- SAP is systems, applications and products it is a step by step procedure, from quotation to delivery we need to follow the sequence and you cannot rearrange it like APS to your wish because SAP three tier is connected to individual branch like abap,sap_mm,sap_SD,… each domain has its flow.
- One domain(abap) processes the order and sends to other domain(SD,mm,..) then only they can continue. If SAP can be done in one step you can call it as it is.
UX & Business Designer (2015-present
- I have recommended this S.A.P logo to them over their current SAP like looking logo. But got no response. May be someone of you can forward if to them if you think this is making more sense than the current ones.
- SAP (company) SAP HANA Product Branding Branding Business Brands and Branding Advertisements and Brands Business Strategy Daily Marketing Strategy.