SD (Sales and Distribution) Interview Questions
SAP SD FAQ’s
1. Which T-Code are Using for Customer master?
2. How many tabs are showing Customers master initial screen?
Ans. 3 Tabs. General Data, Company Code and Sales data.
3. Where can we found the tax information in customer master?
Ans. General Data—– Control Data —- Tax Information
4. What is the difference between transaction data and master data?
Ans. Master Data refers to the characteristics of an object whereas transaction data refers to all the transactions that are carried out using the object. Any data which does not change so frequently in master data like configuration settings like company data, personal area etc. Any data which keeps changing so often in transactional data, like employee data.
5. A is your client; B is your client’s customer. B need X material, but X material is now out of stock, then you can solve this problem?
Ans. In this case, we are using third party process. This process uses a purchase order (Which is sent to you by vendor). Also, invoice verification is used further along the process to check that the invoices you send to your customer are the same material and quantity as that which the vendor sent to the customer (But obviously shipped directly to your customer).
6.How many company codes can you assign to a business?
Ans. One or more company code.
7.How many sales organization assign to a Company Code?
Ans. One or more.
8. How many plants are assign in a company code?
Ans. One or More.
9.Why are we creating Z reports?
Ans. SAP have provided a lot of reports in each module. However, if the standard reports do not meet the business requirement, we can develop our own reports. ABAP custom reports are called z reports because any program developed have to start with Z.
10. Who is creating Company Code?
Ans. FICO Consultant.
11. Which T-Code are using for Account Determination?
12. How to maintain Pricing Procedures?
Ans. In Pricing Procedures 16 steps are needed to maintain. These are Step, Counter, Condition Type, Description, From, To, Manually, Mandatory, Statistically, Print, Sub
Total, Requirement, Alternative Condition Type, Alternative condition base value, Account Key, Accruals Key.
13. What is Alternative condition base value? Give an example.
Ans. This column indicates a formula assigned to a condition type in order to promote an alternative base value for the calculation of a value. For example, you may specify a formula that uses a subtotal of 4 from the subtotal field and then modifies it slightly by dividing it by 2 and using the resultant value as a base value for a condition type.
14. What is Alternative condition type? Give an example.
Ans. This column is used to specify that the system is to use the formula represented in this column as an alternative in finding the value of the condition type, rather than by using standard condition technique. This is may be used, for example, to calculate complex tax scenarios.
15. What is Invoice correction?
Ans. It is a sales document type(RK). This documented process a new way of processing complaints and issuing credit and debit memos. The document allows us to correct the quantity and the price for one or more faulty items on an invoice. Each invoice correction request is made in reference to a (mandatory) invoice. We cannot create one in reference to an order or quotation. Each invoice correction request contains two items for each item on the invoice. The first item is the value and quantity copied from the invoices; this appears as the credit item. The second item is the debit item, which represents the correct quantity and or value. Should you change this second debit item due to new pricing etc, the difference between the two would then be automatically passed on to billing as either a credit or debit memo.
16. How many sales document types?
Ans. Sales Document Header (VBAK), Sales Document Item (VBAP), Sales Document Schedule line (VBEP).
17. Which T-Code are using for SD and MM Integration?
18. Which T-Code are using For SD and FICO Integration?
19. What’s the process of Pricing Procedures Determination?
Ans. Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division, Document Pricing Procedure, Customer Pricing Procedure, Pricing Procedure, Pricing Procedure(Description), Condition Type, Condition Type(Description).
20. What is Sales organization, Distribution Channel, Division?
Ans.Sales Organization: An organizational unit sells and distributes products, negotiates term of sales, and is responsible for these truncations.
Distribution Channel: This channel through which materials or services reach customers.Typical distribution channels include Internet sale, wholesale, retail and direct sales. You can assign a distribution channel to one or more sales organisations.
Division: Product groups can be defined for a wide-ranging spectrum of products.
21. How many Plant can you assign to a Company Code?
Ans. One or More.
22. One material can exist within one or more than one plant. Is it possible?
Ans. Yes, it’s possible.
23. What is ASAP methodology?
Ans. ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and accelerators that have been built on the success of thousands of previous SAP implementations.
This methodology divides the implementation process into 5 phases.
- Phase 1: Project Preparation.
- Phase 2: Business Blueprint.
- Phase 3: Realization.
- Phase 4: Final Preparation.
- Phase 5: Go-live and Support.
24. What is Item Category? How can we assign it?
Ans. The sales item category is one of the most important fields in the SAP sales order. It controls the sales document flow and also impacts the schedule line category. The item category of the sales order affects the delivery and finally impacts the billing process as well.
Sales Document Type, Item Category Group, Item Category Usage, Higher-Level Item, Default Item Category.
25. What is Higher Level Item Category? How it’s controlled?
Ans. Higher level item category depends upon the material type and item category of the other item. The higher level item category by looking at any linkage of items and then tracing back to the main item category.
Higher Level Item Category is the item category of the high-level item. It controls the item category of the item along sales document type, item category group, and usage.
Basically higher level item makes the functionally of how the item should behave along with material type.
26. Where do we assign Calender in the master records?
Ans. In IMG screen Global Settings
27. What is meant by condition technique: can we say it is the combination of condition types, access sequence and condition tables?
28. How to utilize long material number in SD Sales BAPI?
Instead of the of ‘MATERIAL’ field, user must use ‘MATERIAL_LONG’ field
29. What to do if in case there are multiple down payment items in final billing document?
In case, a cleared down payment request is required to be cancelled then the user must perform the following steps in order to avoid doubled down payment items in the final billing document:
- The clearing should be set back via t-code FBRA
- The clearing needs to be cancelled via t-code FB08
- Finally, the down payment request can be cancelled by VF11.
30. Getting Error message FF799 while releasing SD invoice to accounting
User is required to maintain the default tax jurisdiction code in transaction OBCL
This must be at a state level, that is only first level which has to be maintained. For instance:
- Inside t-code OBCO the tax procedure encompasses jurisdiction code structure 2 2 0 0
- the default tax jurisdiction code should be XX00 (where XX is the code of first level)
31. How can the we use report RVKRED08?
The term ‘Period’ refers to an option visible on the initial screen for report RVKRED08 where a selection option for ‘Date of next credit check’ has been provided, in the documentation.
The default period is referred to as the starting to the end of the current month, this can also be adjusted in case the date falls outside this default period.
The option ‘Take release data into account’ permits the user to exclude all those documents which have been released manually. For Instance, incase this option is selected, all documents which were released manually will be excluded when the report is executed.
32. How can the user suppress pro forma billing document cancellation?
- There is no authorization check available for restricting the completion of a pro forma billing document.
- The ‘Complete’ field can be inactivated via modification
- In program MV60AF0C_CUA_SETZEN the internal table cua_exclude is required to be filled with ‘FERL’ in field FUNCTION.
- By performing this function, the field ‘Complete’ will be inactivated and pro forma billing documents cannot be cancelled.
33. How can the user verify the output processing status log?
Post output processing (e.g. for billing document), user can verify the output processing log in VF03 through the menu path Goto -> Header -> Output: by selecting the relevant output type and clicking on ‘Processing log’.
34. Does tool ‘Synchronize Payroll Tax Data’ update any information in the BSI TaxFactory system?
Yes. The tool will detect the mapping between SAP Tax Authorities (e.g. ‘FED’) and BSI Tax Authorities (e.g. ‘00000000’) and it automatically creates any missing mapping in the BSI Dataset which subsequently corresponds to the client of the system in which the user ran the tool. This is done when user selects to run the tool in productive mode for client-specific tables.
35. Is it possible for a material to have Two Base Prices?
Yes, by maintaining the validity period in records & the value gets triggered as per the pricing date mentioned in the transaction (Order).
36. How the price is get determine in sales order?
The price is get determine in sales based on
1. Sales are
2. Customer pricing procedure
3. Sales document
4. Pricing procedure
The pricing procedure is assigned to the combination of sales area and customer pricing procedure and document pricing procedure by using transaction code ovkk
37. Difference between Delivery and Billing?
Billing is a document which raised to the payer. It includes the amount he has to pay for the product/service he is receiving from the business.
Delivery is a document which contains the information related to the delivery of the product. Like delivery quantity, actual delivery date, packing,picking etc. Generally, delivery document can be created for the ship-to-party.
What is the Use of Requirement in Pricing?
Ans. Requirement is a field which is used to validate a condition type i.e. if certain condition is met then only the corresponding condition type will be accesses else it will not.
For Ex: Plant is a pre-requisite to pick the Pricing while making a Sales Order, hence until or unless Plant name is inserted in SD pricing will not be picked as its a requirement.