Adding Web Dynpro Application to SAP GUI for EWM
There are some applications used in SAP EWM which they cannot be seen directly in SAG GUI but they can be seen in NWBC, if you have /SCWM/EXPERT role. Simply because they are web applications (Web Dynpro Applications) and they works on the web browser.
To access the web application, SAP uses the HTPP framework from the Internet Communication Manager (ICM). So we need to activate some of the services there.
- Shipping Cockpit (SCO, execution and planning)
- Material staging, reversing of material staging, consumption by production in advance production integration.
- Implementation Tool for System Connection
- Implementation Tool for Warehouse Integration
Here are the steps in order to add them to SAP GUI.
- Assign /SCWM/EXPERT role to the user.
- Activate web services.
- Add the applications to the SAP favorites.
1. Assign /SCWM/EXPERT to the user.
Go to PFCG transaction code and add the user to the /SCWM/EXPERT role.
2.Activate web services.
Go to SICF transaction code (SAP menu >Tools > Administration > Administration > Network > HTTP Service Hierarchy Maintenance), find relevant services and activate them by right-click /activate.
Here are the list of services you need to activate.
Relevant to Shipping Cockpit
- default_host/Sap/bc/webdynpro/scwm/ shp_assign_tu_door
Relevant to Advance Production Integration
- default_host/Sap/bc/webdynpro/scwm/ MFG_CONSUMPTION
Relevant to Tool-Based ERP Integration
For integration tools, they seems on the SPRO menu, but they don’t work without activating relevant services.
3.Add applications/transaction to the SAP favorites.
On SAP favorite menu, right-click and choose “Add Other Objects -> Web Dynpro Application”. On the pop-up enter following list.
- Don’t forget to enter default values when you first use shipping cockpit.
- For security reason, only activate services that you really need it. If you activate nodes at a higher level, this means that the whole service tree below this level is activated.
I hope it will be useful for some of us.
Please don’t hesitate to share your comments and adds-on.