Top 10 SAP NetWeaver Interview Questions
SAP NetWeaver FAQ’s
1) List the various SAP applications based on NetWeaver platform?
In SAP system, user can see the following UI technologies which are provided as part of the software component User Interface Technology (SAP_UI):
- SAP ABAP Web Dynpro
- SAP NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC)
- SAP Fiori Launchpad
- SAP Visual Business
- UI development toolkit for HTML5
- UI Theme designer
- Social Media Integration
- Floorplan Manager
2) How does the user connect to SAP NetWeaver Backend system?
For enabling the back-end connectivity for other application types, like the composite views and processes, use Remote Function Calls (RFCs) and Web services, which have been configured in SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
In the end, user comes back to the service area (/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE) on the Gateway system and then adds the new service by utilizing the system alias he has earlier created.
3) What does SAP Netweaver Application server offer to the users?
SAP Netweaver AS is primarily the logical result of the further development of the SAP Application server Technology. SAP Netweaver AS offers the below:
- The runtime environment offered is very reliable and extensively tested, this has been further developed continuously for more than ten years
- The framework for executing complex business processes which meets the highest security standards
- The development environment is quite reliable and user-friendly
- It provides support for open standards, which encompasses HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, WebDAV, SOAP, SSL, Unicode, HTML,XML and WML.
- The scalability is very high
- It aslo provides support for different operating system along with database platforms
4) Explain the concept of the SAP NetWeaver Business Client?
SAP NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC) is a new SAP user interface (UI), which presents the end users with an integration of classic SAP GUI-based transactions which is seamless and newly developed applications are based on Web Dynpro ABAP. A high-fidelity UI is offered for improvising the user experience, In the desktop variant. NWBC provides the user gets a user experience which is more modern and typical.
5) What is SAP Netweaver Exchange Infrastructure?
SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) is known as SAP’s enterprise application integration (EAI) software. This is a component of the NetWeaver product group which enables the user to implement cross-system processes for instance, exchange of information among a company’s internal software and systems and those of external parties. The component also enables the users in connecting systems from different vendors (non-SAP and SAP) in different versions and implemented in different programming languages (Java, ABAP, and so on) to each other.
6) How does the user connect to SAP NetWeaver Backend system?
For enabling the enable back-end connectivity for other application types, for instance, the composite views and processes, user utilizes Remote Function Calls (RFCs) and Web services, which have been configured in SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
7) What are the various authentication types on SAP Netweaver?
SAP NetWeaver various different authentication types are:
- Username and password
- SAP Logon Tickets
- Assertion Ticket
- X.509 certificates (i.e., Single Sign-On) via Secure Network Communications or Secure Socket Layer
- Client Certificate
8) What are various SAP Fiori Apps Available for SAP NetWeaver?
- Maintain Email Templates
- Maintain Form Templates
- Display Email Transmissions
- Application Jobs
- Application Logs
- Custom Fields and Logic
- Configure Software Packages
- Register Extensions for Transport
9) What is SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio?
The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio is actually SAP’s environment meant for developing Java-based, multiple-layered business applications. This is based on Eclipse which is an open source product, and whose open plug-In architecture not only provides a sound basis of Java development core functionality but also provides a suitable platform which extends it with features which are is more specific.
10) How does the user open the sar file?
Use a SAPCAR file, option sapcar -xvf and file xxxxxx.sar and extracting the .sar file. User must utilize a SAPCAR of your OS system. Maybe an unix system. User is not advised to use a very old SAPCAR version.
11) How can we change the email id in distribution list?
Use transaction code SO23 in order to maintain distribution lists
12) Is it possible to disable password globally in SAP UME configuration? How to do it?
Yes, It’s possible if you using IDM for User provisioning, De-provisioning, enable & Disable Users.
Please take help of your IDM Administrator,
The user is required to perform two task, 1) First is to disable the user from IDM & 2) Second task is adding the user in INACTIVE user group then they will IDM job will be run accordingly as its schedule by IDM Admin and will subsequently lock & disable the password for the requested user in the back end system both ABAP & Java systems
13) Create a User defined function to find out the first character and replace with space?
For example if the first character of the code is ‘0’, first character will be change to space.
String str1="01324230012";if (str1.substring(0,1).equals("0"))str1=" "+str1.substring(1);System.out.println("***test"+str1);
Output for the sample udf is: ***test 1324230012
14) How to get the Report of used or unused Tcodes by user in last one year?
- User can upsurge the retention time for ST03N in order to keep this data for a longer duration than the default period of 2 months.
- User should ensure that he’s in the Expert Mode and drill into Collector and Performance DB -> Performance Database -> Workload Collector Data -> Reorganization -> Control
- Then user sets the retention time for the aggregates he requires. User only is required to increase the TOTAL Monthly aggregate for areas WM and WN.
15) How can the user complete list of software components on your NetWeaver Application Server Java?
- First please opens http://<portal.domain>:<port>/startPage
- Now clicks on the tab “System Information”
- Then click on the “Components Info” tab
- Now click on “Export to Spreadsheet”/ “Export to Excel” within Software Components table (please note, the button appears twice on the screen. It’s the one under Software
- Components that user has to press)
- At last, user can finally save the file on his local drive
Note: For your reference, user is advised to include the system ID of this system in the file name (e.g: XYZ_SoftwareComponents.xlsx)
16) How can we capture authentication trace with web diagtool in NW70x systems?
Use has to call the web diagtool application and he then navigates to http://<java host>:5nn00/diagtool URL, where <java host> is the hostname of AS Java and ‘nn’ stands for instance number.
- Select the ‘security’ Component.
- Select the ‘Authentication” Activity.
- Press ‘Go’ button.
- Press ‘Add All’ button.
- Press ‘Start’ button.
- Regenerate the issue and then stop tracing by pressing ‘Stop’ button.
- Select ‘download ZIP archive’ link in order to download the report.
17) Explain in how many ways SAP Netweaver AS can be installed?
For SAP Netweaver, there are 3 different installation options. These are :
- SAP Netweaver AS ABAP: Complete infrastructure in which ABAP-based applications can be developed and used.
- SAP Netweaver AS Java: Complete infrastructure in which J2EE-conform applications can be developed as well as used.
- SAP Netweaver AS ABAP + Java: Complete infrastructure in which ABAP-based and J2EE-based applications can be developed besides being used. This installation lays emphasis on the Java ABAP integration which is seamless.