SAP Data Warehouse Cloud & SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer – Step by Step Guidance
Please note, that the SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer is still in Beta phase with a few selected customers.
For the integration of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA we will need the following:
- Part 1: We need to check our BW4/HANA System on a set of pre-requisites and additional SAP Notes and ensure the necessary services are enabled.
- Part 2: We will need to setup a Tunnel connection from the embedded SAP Analytics Cloud to our BW/4HANA System, which requires us to setup the Cloud Connector
- Part 3: We will also need to setup the Data Provisioning Agent (DP Agent)
- Part 4: We have to release those BW Queries that we would like to use as part of the Model Transfer
- Part 5: We can then use a BW Query as source in the combination of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA.
Similar like we did for the blog series on the integration of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW 7.5, we will use this blog as a kind of landing page to bring those 5 parts together.
So in case you want to follow the steps along, perhaps sign up for a trial and get a system ready to leverage information from your SAP BW system in combination with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.