How to Replace an Approver in Process Controlled Workflow SRM 7.0?
SAP Online Classes provides Best SAP training Online based on current industry standards that helps attendees to secure placements in their dream jobs at MNCs. SOC is one of the most credible ERP SAP Online training provider, offering hands on practical knowledge and full job assistance with basic as well as advanced level ERP SAP Implementation Training. At SOC ERP SAP training Online is conducted by subject specialist corporate professionals with 14+ years of experience in managing real-time ERP SAP projects.
It is not possible to remove or replace a system determined approver while creating an SRM document e.g. shopping cart.
The ‘Remove Approver’ button is not enabled for the workflow steps through process controlled workflow.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an SRM document e.g. shopping cart, via the SRM browser.
- While creating the cart, go to the item detail screen.
- Select the ‘Approval Process Overview’ tab.
- Note the following system behaviour for the approvers determined by the system :
The ‘Remove Approver’ button is greyed out or deactivated.
There is no ‘Change Approver’ or ‘Replace Approver’ button.
It is not possible to change or remove an approver which is determined by the system. The Process Controlled Workflow is more restrictive in this way than the Application Controlled Workflow. This is the system design and cannot be changed.
The system is working as designed. However, as an alternative, the following functionality should be considered :
- If the approver is not available, then the workitem should be directly forwarded to the substitute approver, if the approver has maintained his substitutes.
- If you need to forward the workitem of an approver who is not available, you can do so via transaction SWIA from the SRM SAPGUI and then generate a new approval email by running report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND via transaction SE38, if required.