Blog It Forward – Pawel Pawlak (release 2020.06)
Special thanks to Pawel Grzeskowiak for nominating me, I will try not to bore you to death. I’m really glad that we have this kind of initiative in our fellow SAP Community. I hope that this will encourage people to be more active in the community.
- Resident of Wroclaw since 2011
- An employee of Capgemini since late 2018
- SAP Finance Consultant with ABAP background
- Creator of SAP-related infographics (available via my LinkedIn)
- Gaming enthusiast (kind of PlayStation fanboy to be honest)
- Amateur half-time powerlifter
First two from Susan Keohan list and two more from Pawel’s post.
#01 Fun fact about my country, Poland
We have made some really important inventions. The first bulletproof vest was invented in 1897 by two Poles, the priest – engineer Kazimierz Zeglen and inventor Jan Szczepanik. The vest became famous in 1902, when the bulletproof material installed on a carriage saved the life of Alfonso XIII, King of Spain during an assassination attempt in Paris on his wedding day. It’s hard to imagine a better field test.
#02 Fun fact about my city, Wroclaw
Poles often say that Wroclaw is a city of bridges. They’re right. Wroclaw is situated on 12 islands connected by 112 bridges. Therefore it’s often referred to as ‘Lower Silesian Venice.’ Nowadays taking into account modern criteria i.e. all the river bridges, canal bridges, footbridges over the railway tracks and the streets, there are about 220 of them. The view at night can be really charming.
#03 You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
I don’t think I should write about it in public ?? Sorry, but Google, Facebook and a lot of others are listening. I don’t want to give them any inspiration. You’re gonna thank me for that one day ?? #Skynet
#04 If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
What kind of questions are these? Pawel Grzeskowiak, you must have done a lot of questionable things in your life ?? OK, hypothetically, they’d probably be convinced it’s some kind of misunderstanding. Why? Because I’d hide all the bodies really well.
The next BIF nominations
- Wouter van Heddeghem (Capgemini co-worker and LinkedIn’s legend)
- Andrzej Halicki (fellow SAP Professional and Meme Enthusiast)
- Fabiana Bacon (fellow SAP Professional and Gaming Enthusiast)
- Faisal Iqbal (fellow SAP Professional)
- Isabel Sanchez (fellow SAP Professional)
Please follow Susan Keohan‘s BIF sequel post and answer:
- Name the person who affected you most in your career/ way of thinking and why?
- If SAP suddenly ceased to exist, what would you do professionally in life?